You deserve a way to grow your business …
Get the support that empowers you …
At ASC Creative Ltd., we recognize how most companies do business has changed; we’ve seen it reflected in our own company. We live in a post-pandemic world, with talks of inflation every day. To stay competitive and grow, small and medium-sized businesses need to adopt new digital tools. We know that your goal is to grow a modern, thriving business. To be that way, you need a digital strategy to guide your journey to bigger results. In some cases, you may need to get your business online; in some cases, you might need to give your e-commerce presence a boost, and in some cases, you just need to digitize your business’s operations.
The problem is that you’re very busy, you don’t want to waste money, and it’s not clear where to start. To make things worse, when you reach out to some experts for help – it’s hard to understand what they’re talking about. This makes you feel frustrated, stuck, and worried about your company’s future. You deserve a simple way to get a digital strategy so that you can move closer to your bigger future.
We know that there are an endless number of moves you could make with digital and that you don’t want to take the wrong step. You’re not alone in this; there are thousands of companies all across Canada that find themselves identifying with the same challenges you have… and the Government of Canada has even recognized this and created a grant that you should absolutely capitalize on if you can.
What is the Canada Digital Adoption Program?
- $1.4 Billion over 4 Years
- A Grant for Up to $15,000 for a Digital Adoption Plan
- Up to $100,000 in 0% loans to implement the Digital Adoption Plan.
- Revenue must be $500K-$100M in one of the last 3 years.
- You have up to 6 months to upload the Digital Adoption plan to Canada Digital Adoption Plan website. If 6 months passes, then you must re-apply.
- Must be for profit organization
What Can You Use the Grant For?
- Investing in digital & technology to generate business and improve productivity
- Anywhere you are using paper or excel to manage internal processes or workflows
- Anywhere data has to be entered twice
- Cloud infrastructure such as CRM and/or ERP systems.
- Cloud based operations technology, software and financial software
- Integrating software and database silos.
- Cyber Security Audits
- Creating a Digital Marketing Plan
- e-commerce as part of your business strategy
- Apply Online and get accepted
- Contact Digital Advisors and receive Proposals
- Accept one Proposal and upload to the Federal Government Portal
- Submit the Plan within 6 months along with the invoice from the Digital Solution Provider
- Get paid within 30-45 days for 90% of the cost of the Plan or up to $15,000, whichever is the lessor amount
Why ASC Creative Ltd.?
- We are business owners too. Less consulting jargon; quicker action to achieve goals.
- 15+ years designing, building and maintaining complex systems and applications.
- Completed operations technology analysis of hundreds of businesses
- Complex Systems Integration Experts
- Proven Methodology and Analysis
- ASC Creative Ltd. is one of a small number of companies from across Canada selected as a Solution Provider for Stream 2: Boost Your Business Technology.
Want to learn more? Book a meeting with an advisor
More about the Canada Digital Adoption Program
The Government of Canada will reimburse you for up to 90 percent of eligible expenses, up to $15,000. Once we’ve completed work on your digital adoption plan you will submit the relevant invoices to receive your grant payment.
- For eligible SMEs that have successfully completed the DNA, CDAP will pre-approve them for a grant covering up to 90% of the cost of the digital adoption plan evaluated at a maximum of $15,000.
- Eligible SMEs will then have access to an online marketplace of qualified digital advisors called the digital advisor marketplace in order to retain the services of a digital advisor to produce a digital adoption plan.
- During their search, SMEs may contact as many digital advisors as they would like. When making initial contact with prospective digital advisors, SMEs are encouraged to share the results of their DNA as well as an overview of their business and objectives.
- It is important for an SME and digital advisor to agree on the terms of work, including objectives, timing and associated costs before they begin working together.
- When the SME finds a digital advisor who they consider to be the right match for their business, the parties will sign an agreement to develop a digital adoption plan.
- The SME and the digital advisor will work together to develop a digital adoption plan that meets the CDAP requirements. Upon completion, the SME will upload their completed digital adoption plan and invoice to the CDAP portal. Once accepted, the grant will be issued to the SME.
- With a digital adoption plan in hand, the SME is now eligible to access a zero-interest loan from the BDC as well as a subsidized youth work placement to implement their plan and adopt new digital tools for their business.
The Canada Digital Adoption Program – Grow Your Business Online will be open to any businesses that meet the following requirements:
- A for-profit business (including for-profit social enterprises and cooperatives);
- A registered or incorporated business;
- A consumer-facing business;
- A business that can be accessed by customers or provides in-person services to customers;
- A business with a minimum of one employee
＊Recipients must commit to maintain digital adoption strategy for six months post-intervention.
＊A business will be required to consent to participate in follow-up surveys, having their information shared with the Government of Canada (ISED and Statistics Canada), and having the name of their business published as a recipient of funding.
The following types of small businesses are ineligible:
- Corporate chains, franchises or registered charities
- Representatives of multi-level marketing companies
- Real estate brokerages
- Non-profit organizations
Applicants will be asked to supply the following documents:
- Proof of business registration (i.e.. incorporation or registration documents, business/operating license, etc.)
- Confirmation provided by CRA of sales tax (GST/HST) registration OR confirmation provided by CRA of recent sales tax (GST/HST) filing (within the last 12 months).
- Proof of an employee (payroll run or pay stub within the last four weeks)
When CDAP was launched in March 2022, it was anticipated to support SMEs for 4 years. However, all grants are first come, first served and can be changed or removed at any time. Reach out to get started and secure your $15,000 digital adoption grant asap. And access to a 0% loan for up to $100,000.
Your digital adoption plan is a comprehensive assessment of the opportunities to improve your business by leveraging modern hardware and platforms. Specific deliverables you will receive from ASC Creative Ltd. include:
- Current state analysis
- Post transformation capability report
- Summary of proposed digital solutions, including a cost/benefit analysis of your top three options and high-level requirements
- Near- and long-term digital strategy
- Implementation roadmap, including timelines, costs, and required capabilities
The amount of time needed to develop an appropriate digital adoption plan will vary depending on the nature and needs of your business. For most clients, we strive for 2-3 months .. however, you need to submit your digital adoption plan and invoices to the federal government for reimbursement within 9 months of being approved for funding, so no more than that!
You will have 12 months from the time you receive your personalized link from Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED) to BDC to complete your loan application. If you exceed this timeframe, you will be ineligible for the loan.
Zero-interest loan of up to $100,000 with a 5-year term (+ 12 months capital postponement (total of 6 years)). CDAP is a four-year program, so you can apply for the program until 2026.
The amount of the loan is determined by the size of your business. If your annual gross revenues are:
- between $500,000 and below $5M you can request a loan of between $25,000 and $50,000
- $5M and more, you can request a loan between $25,000 and $100,000
The loan must be used solely for the implementation of a digital adoption plan that is recognized by the CDAP Boost Your Business Technology stream .
There are no fees for the application.
Please note that although the loan request is being made under CDAP, applicants must meet CDAP eligibility criteria and BDC creditworthiness requirements to receive a loan offer.
You can create your digital adoption plan, receive the grant that covers up to 90% of advisory services and then decide against the zero-interest loan. Participating in the digital plan portion of CDAP does not oblige you to apply for a loan. If you move forward to implement your plan, you can also source the required funds from your own cash flow or from your regular financial institutions.
The program eligibility is only one step in the process of making the loan request.
Your business may be declined for multiple reasons. For example, it may not have met BDC’s creditworthiness criteria (ex: credit history, etc.).
Please note that although the loan request is being made under CDAP, applicants must meet CDAP eligibility criteria and BDC creditworthiness requirements to receive a loan offer. As the CDAP zero-interest loan is part of a standard loan application, standard banking practices apply. A declined loan request is reflected in your credit score. This is part of the consent you provide when applying for the loan.
No. The Boost Your Business Technology grant is intended to assess your digital maturity and opportunities to increase your competitiveness through digital transformation. Eligible costs are limited to those involved with creating your digital adoption plan.
Businesses may qualify for a $7,300 wage subsidy to hire either a current student or recent graduate as part of a digital transformation or adoption initiative. As this is part of the Boost Your Business Technology track, the same eligibility criteria and process to access funds will apply. In most cases, this option would be most beneficial during the implementation phase, after you’ve created a digital adoption strategy.
Yes. ASC Creative Ltd. received certification as an approved CDAP Digital Advisor from the Canada Digital Adoption Program, as a part of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. to work with SMEs under the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) Stream 2: Boost your Business Technology